- Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli says that she had nothing to do with David Lee Roth splitting with Van Halen back in 1985 and claims it was “Diamond” Dave who had an issue with her. During her recent appearance on the Literally! With Rob Lowe podcast, she explained, “I got along great with Al (Van Halen) and with Mike (Anthony). It was someone else. I don't know why he didn't like me, but what are you gonna do? I don't know why he didn't like me. I mean, I was always nice to him. I honestly don't know. . . One day I'd like to sit down with him and go, 'Dude, what did I do? Honestly, I've always been a fan of yours. I think you're a brilliant frontman, I think you're a brilliant songwriter, I love your lyrics. Why don't you like me? What did I do?'” (Blabbermouth)
- Dave Grohl recalled meeting his hero David Bowie. While chatting with ABC Australia, the Foo Fighters leader recalled, “The first time I saw David Bowie in person was at a festival in England that he was headlining, we were lower down on the bill. And I stood in the photo pit and looked at him and it was like seeing an alien. Y'know, it was like seeing a UFO for the first timAe, like, 'Oh, my God, it's real.' That's something I've never seen before. And then getting to meet him — all of that feeling coming down to Earth, realizing, 'Oh, my God, what a gentleman! What a brilliant, sweet, kind, outrageously funny person!'”
- He went on to say, “I recorded a song with him. . . and watching him step in front of a microphone and begin to sing and you realize, 'Wow, that voice — that's real, that just comes out of his mouth, that iconic voice!' The great thing about it is that it really humanizes everything. We're like, 'Wow, that's a real person.' It's reassuring, but at the same time, you're like, 'That's a hero.' That's not just another person. That's David Bowie.” (Ultimate-Guitar.com)
- Geddy Lee will guest star on Canadian TV's Murdoch Mysteries, which airs on March 21st on CBC and streams on CBC Gem. According to The Canadian Press, “The storyline follows the mystery of a murdered blues saxophonist whose death was seemingly foretold in vivid detail through the lyrics of a song. Lee is part of a subplot, playing a carriage driver who's transporting lead character William Murdoch and his pregnant wife.”
- Geddy Lee joked: “I have to use some sort of modest acting skill to fit into the already well-established Murdoch Mysteries scenario.” (RMOToday.com)
- Roger Waters has just tagged three new stops onto his North American summer tour. The newly added shows are August 10th at Columbia, Ohio's Nationwide Arena; October 3rd at Glendale, Arizona's Gila River Arena; and October 6 at Austin, Texas' Moody Center. Tickets for the new show go on sale today (Friday, March 25th) at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Stephen Stills has signed on to appear at the Recording Academy’s 2022 MusiCares Person of the Year event honoring Joni Mitchell. The April 1st tribute will also feature Graham Nash, Cyndi Lauper, Chaka Khan, Brandi Carlile, Beck, St. Vincent, Herbie Hancock, Sara Bareilles, and Pentatonix, among others. (Best Classic Bands)
- Steely Dan's Donald Fagen issued a statement regarding Aimee Mann being bumped from opening slot on the band's upcoming tour. Mann had posted a cartoon on her social media explaining her upcoming absence from the dates, insinuating that it was due to a female act not going over well with crowds.
Donald Fagen issued a statement and an apology to Mann, which reads in part: