- Valerie Bertinelli writes at length about her former husband, the late-Eddie Van Halen, in her new memoir, Enough Already: Learning To Love The Way I Am Today. People magazine has published excerpts from the book, in which the One Day At A Time star wrote, “I can't explain the feelings Ed and I had for each other. Who really knows had he not died. I doubt it. I loved him more than I know how to explain and there's nothing sexual about it. It was more than that. And Ed and I understood that.”
- Bertinelli wrote that she, their son Wolfgang, Eddie's wife Janie Liszewski, and his brother, Alex Van Halen, were with Eddie every day at the hospital in the weeks before his death. She revealed: “'I love you' are the last words Ed says to Wolfie and me and they are the last words we say to him before he stops breathing.” (People)
- The official trailer to the Hulu original Pam & Tommy has dropped. The limited series kicks off its three episode-run on February 2nd. Pam & Tommy stars Sebastian Stan — Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Universe films — as Tommy Lee and Lily James — best known for Downton Abbey and Cinderella — as Pamela Anderson. The series also co-stars Seth Rogan and Nick Offerman. (Vulture)
- Dave Grohl and producer Greg Kurstin have released Kurstin x Grohl – The Hanukkah Sessions 2021. The set culls all eight of the pair's 2021 Hanukkah covers, which were uploaded every evening during last year's “festival of lights.” All of the songs were either written by and/or originally performed by Jewish artists.
- The tracklisting to 'Kurstin x Grohl – The Hanukkah Sessions 2021' is: “Stay (I Missed You)”; “Blitzkreig Bop”; “Copacabana”; “Jump”; “Take The Box” – featuring Violet Grohl; “Big Shot”; and “Train In Vain (Stand By Me)”
Quick Takes: Eddie Van Halen, ‘Pam & Tommy’, Dave Grohl
By Music News Jan 5, 2022 | 7:00 PM
Full Page Ad