×

Nicki Minaj has addressed why she didn't respond to the harrassment lawsuit filed against her and husband Kenneth Petty. As previously reported, back in August, Jennifer Hough sued the Petty's over alleged harrassment and intimidation tactics. Hough claimed that one of Minaj's associates offered her a $20,000 bribe in order to get her to recant her rape claims. Petty was convicted of first-degree attempted rape of Hough in 1995 and had to register as a sex offender as a result.

According to Rap-Up, Hough's attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, said last week that the time for Minaj and Petty to formally respond to the complaint had expired. An attorney named Judd Burstein was recommended to Minaj on Sept. 22nd. After speaking on Zoom the following day, Minaj believed that Burstein had agreed to represent her, but he was not formally retained until later.

In the legal docs, Minaj said, "My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case which Blackburn's counsel has brought against me in an effort to use my name to generate publicity for himself.

Minaj also denied that her husband was served with a copy of the summons and complaint.

Burstein described the rapper as the "proverbial ‘deep pocket'" and is seeking a motion to dismiss the amended complaint.

Nicki Minaj Addresses Delay In Responding To Harassment Lawsuit

By Music News Oct 18, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Full Page Ad