- Journey is back with its first new music in nearly a decade with the single, “The Way We Used To Be.” Guitarist and co-founder Neal Schon posted on Facebook, writing, “'The Way We Used To Be' came out of one of the many loops I’d written (during) the long downtime (of) the pandemic. I laid down the keyboard loop with over-dubbed rhythm and a little blues lead guitar and sent (it) to (keyboardist) Jonathan (Cain). He sent it back very shortly after with demo vocals and lyrics and I said to myself with a smile — we’ve still got it!” (Rolling Stone)
- “The Way We Used To Be” marks the first fruits from the band's current lineup — featuring Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, frontman Arnel Pineda — and rounded out by returning bassist Randy Jackson, and drummer Narada Michael Walden.
- Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Dead & Company, and the Black Crowes are among the performers tapped for the 2020 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Jazz Fest returns to the to the Fair Grounds Race Course from October 8th to 17th.
- Other artists scheduled to appear include Elvis Costello & The Imposters, the Beach Boys, Nile Rodgers & Chic, Demi Lovato, Randy Newman, Norah Jones, Jimmy Buffett, and the Isley Brothers, among many others.
- For more info, log on to: https://www.nojazzfest.com/
- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde is taking her Bob Dylan covers set on the road. Hynde will be performing a stripped back set featuring her new album, Standing In The Doorway: Chrissie Hynde Sings Bob Dylan, with six UK dates now on the books.
- Hynde is set to play on July 29th and 30th at London's Royal Opera House followed by four nights — August 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th — at Edinburgh, Scotland's Queen's Hall. (Best Classic Bands)
Quick Takes: Journey, Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Dead & Co, Chrissie Hynde
By Music News Jun 24, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Full Page Ad