- On November 13th, Keith Richards will re-release his X-Pensive Winos concert collection, Live From The Hollywood Palladium, which was recorded on December 15th, 1988. The limited edition box set and digital releases include three bonus tracks new to the set — the Rolling Stones' Tattoo You favorite, “Little T&A,” Richards' then-recent “You Don’t Move Me,” and the Lennon/McCartney-written early Stones single, “I Wanna Be Your Man.” The deluxe box and digital version also includes a 40-page book.
- The Live At The Hollywood Palladium tracklist is: “Take It So Hard,” “How I Wish,” “I Could Have Stood You Up,” “Too Rude,” “Make No Mistakes,” “Time Is On My Side,” “Big Enough,” “Whip It Up,” “Locked Away,” “Struggle,” “Happy,” “Connection,” and “Rockawhile”
- Box Set and Digital Only: “I Wanna Be Your Man,” “Little T&A,” and “You Don’t Move Me.” (Press release)
- Following the Grateful Dead's recent Angel's Share set of Workingman's Dead outtakes, the band will do the same on October 15th, for their 1970 American Beauty collection. Coming on October 15th is American Beauty: The Angel’s Share, which features 56 tracks spotlighting outtakes, and alternate versions of the classic album's songs.
- Most fascinating will be the 10 demos for the album's tracks — “Friend Of The Devil,” “Sugar Magnolia,” “Candyman,” “To Lay Me Down,” “Truckin',” “Hand Me Down” (“Ripple”), “Brokedown Palace,” “Till The Morning Comes,” “Attics Of My Life,” and Operator.” (Press release)
- Heart co-founder Nancy Wilson has announced her first solo album. The 66-year-old guitarist, who had performed in recent years with her side band, Roadcase Royale, will release the still-untitled set in 2021. In a press release, Wilson, who has covered Bruce Springsteen's “The Rising” for the upcoming album, said, “There have been so many times I was asked about when I would ever put out a solo album. Well, the time is now. Having been unable to tour and having spent so much time at home has made a good space for creating new music.”
- Wilson added: “I've also covered a few favorite songs, and because of these troubled times we're living in, 'The Rising' has been on my mind. I wanted to make something uplifting and aspirational for those of us who are suffering with all this sickness and loss. I hope this song can help lift our spirits.” (Press release)
- Out now in paperback is Pete Townshend's first novel, 2019's The Age Of Anxiety. TheWho.com posted: “The Age Of Anxiety is a great rock novel (it) captures the craziness of the music business and displays Pete Townshend’s sly sense of humor and sharp ear for dialogue. The Age Of Anxiety deals with mythic and operatic themes including a maze, divine madness, and long-lost children. Hallucinations and soundscapes haunt this novel, which on one level is an extended meditation on manic genius and the dark art of creativity.” (Press release)
- Elton John supplied vocals to Gorillaz' new track, “The Pink Phantom,” which also features 6LACK. The animated Gorillaz group is led by Blur frontman, Damon Albarn. Elton tweeted: “The Gorillaz track I worked on is out tomorrow! I’ve always been a Gorillaz fan so when Damon reached out and asked me to get involved it was a no-brainer. The way the song turned out is just great — I can’t wait for you to hear it.”
Quick Takes: Keith Richards, The Grateful Dead, Nancy Wilson, Pete Townshend, Elton John
By Music News Oct 1, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Full Page Ad