- Elton John took to his social media platforms to announce a coronavirus fund via his Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) to ease the suffering of HIV patients who are also positive for the CORONA-19 virus. For more info, log on to: www.ejaf.org/covid19
- Elton posted on his Instagram account: “Today, I’m proud to announce that my Foundation @EJAF is launching a $$ 1 million COVID-19 Emergency Fund to make sure that our frontline partners can respond to the effects of COVID-19 on HIV care for the most marginalized communities around the world. Now and always, I’m committed to not leave anyone affected by HIV behind. Click on the link in my bio for more info. Sending love to all of our Foundation’s partners, grantees, supporters, frontline workers and members of our community during this time. x”
- Christopher Cross has tested positive for coronavirus and posted a long message to fans on his Facebook page. Cross is best remembered for his early '80s hits such as “Sailing,” “Ride Like The Wind,” and “Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do).” Between 1980 and 1983, Cross scored eight Top 40 hits, and won the Grammy for Best New Artist in 1980.
Christopher Cross' Facebook post reads in full:
“Dear Friends, I’m sorry to report that I am among the growing number of Americans who tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. I’m not in the habit of discussing medical issues on social media, but I do so in hope this will help other people to understand how serious and how contagious this illness is. Although I am fortunate enough to be cared for at home, this is possibly the worst illness I’ve ever had. For those of you who still do not believe the COVID-19 virus is real, or think it is a 'hoax' or part of some conspiracy, my advice to you is to understand right now that this is a deadly illness spreading like wildfire throughout the world. PLEASE make every attempt to stall the spread of this virus by: 1) staying home- the only way we can stop the spread right now is by self-quarantine 2) washing your hands as many times a day as you can and don’t touch your face and 3) follow the SCIENCE. Importantly, please read the guidelines posted at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to educate yourself on the facts and protect your loved ones: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Last but never least: wherever you are in the world, let’s all be kind to one another. Only if we work together can we defeat COVID-19.
- Singer Marianne Faithfull has been hospitalized in London where she is being treated for the coronavirus. Faithfull's spokesperson told Rolling Stone, “She is stable and responding to treatment. We all wish her well and a full and speedy recovery.” According to her friend, Penny Arcade, Faithfull had been sheltering in place and developed a cold, upon which she checked herself into a hospital and tested positive for COVID-19. Faithfull has since developed pneumonia and remains hospitalized. (Rolling Stone)
- John Taylor, the bassist for Duran Duran also took to social media to reveal his own battle with COVID-19.
Taylor's post reads in full:
“DEAR FRIENDS OF MINE after giving some thought to this, I have decided to share with you that I tested positive with the Corona Virus almost three weeks ago.
Perhaps I am a particularly robust 59 year old – I like to think I am – or was blessed with getting only a mild case of Covid 19 – but after a week or so of what I would describe as a 'Turbo-charged Flu', I came out of it feeling okay- although I must admit I didn't mind the quarantine as it gave me the chance to really recover.
I am speaking out in answer to the enormous amount of fear being generated by the pandemic, some of it entirely justified, and my heart goes out to everyone who has had to deal with real loss and pain. But I want to let you know that it isn't always a killer, and we can and will beat this thing.
Sending LOVE to all my Homies and Fans, in Italy – particularly, the UK = and the US – and everywhere in the world I have been lucky enough to visit on my travels with DURAN DURAN.
Cannot wait to be back onstage again, sharing new music, love and joy. Stay safe, stay connected and get creative! Love John”