Miley Cyrus’ bushfire relief concert in Australia has been canceled due to coronavirus concerns.
“Australia: Due to the recommendations of local, state, federal and international government authorities, including the Center for Disease Control, to reduce potential health risks in response to the current global health crisis, we are no longer traveling to Aus for the show,” she tweeted. Miley said she would still be “making a donation to help the victims.”
After her announcement, promoter TEG Dainty said that the entire event had been called off and ticketholders will be refunded. However, a second concert, scheduled for Saturday with headliner Robbie Williams, will be going ahead.
The event was scheduled for this Friday in Melbourne. Lil Nas X, The Veronicas and Seb Fontaine were also scheduled to join the stage with Cyrus.