Mandy Moore announced she will release Silver Landings, her first new album in over 10 years, on March 6th.
Moore shared the cover art for the album, which shows her wearing a gold top on a sunny day. “It feels so good to be stepping assuredly into this next chapter of my life as a woman and performer, with an album of songs I couldn’t be more thrilled with or ready to share,” she captioned the post. “Having music back in my life makes me feel like a more complete version of myself, in ways I wasn’t even expecting,” she said. “The experience of writing, recording (and soon to be touring) it with some of the people I love most in the world is an experience I will treasure forever.”
Moore also released a music video for her new song “Save a Little for Yourself,” which shows her performing with a band.
Silver Landings was produced by longtime collaborator Mike Viola and features Moore’s husband, Taylor Goldsmith, along with Jason Boesel, former drummer of Rilo Kiley.
“I wanted to make a very California-sounding record,” Moore explained. “Something that feels sunshiny and airy and natural, something you could listen to driving up and down the PCH with all the windows rolled down on a beautiful weekend day.”
Moore also announced that she will be touring in 2020 in support of the album. “It’s been over a decade since I’ve hit the road but I am thrilled to put together an intimate, elevated evening of new and old tunes, performed with a superb group of musicians (in fact some are my nearest and dearest),” Moore announced on Instagram. “I want the show to have threads of what the writing and recording process was like with this band, almost like you’ve been invited in our living room for an inside glimpse.” She added, “It just feels good to be sharing this side of me again. In its purest form. A real side of me I have been itching to put back into the universe.”
She will be touring with singers Bedouine and Madison Cunningham, with their first show being held on March 20th at Benedum Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Moore’s most recent album, Amanda Leigh, debuted in May 2009.
She plays Rebecca Pearson on the NBC series This is Us. The series co-stars Milo Ventimiglia, Sterling K. Brown, Chrissy Metz and Justin Hartley, and had its Season 4 mid-season premiere yesterday.
The Silver Landings tracklist:
- “I’d Rather Lose”
- “Save a Little for Yourself”
- “Tryin’ My Best Los Angeles”
- “Easy Target”
- “When I Wasn’t Watching”
- “Stories Reminding Myself of Me”
- “If That’s What It Takes”
- “Silver Landings”
Moore’s Tour Dates:
- Mar. 20 – Pittsburgh, PA – Benedum Center
- Mar. 21 – Atlantic City, NJ – New Jersey – Borgata Music Box
- Mar. 22 – Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre
- Mar. 24 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre
- Mar. 26 – Washington, DC – Warner Theatre
- Mar. 27 – Red Bank, NJ – Count Basie Center for the Arts
- Mar. 28 – Ridgefield, CT – Ridgefield Playhouse
- Mar. 30 – Durham, NC – Durham Performing Arts Center
- Mar. 31 – North Charleston, SC – North Charleston Performing Arts Center
- Apr. 01 – Charlotte, NC – Knight Theater
- Apr. 03 – Atlanta, GA – Atlanta Symphony Hall
- Apr. 04 – Birmingham, Al – Lyric Theatre Birmingham
- Apr. 05 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
- Apr. 07 – Jacksonville, FL – Florida Theatre Jacksonville
- Apr. 08 – Orlando, FL – Bob Carr Performing Arts Center
- Apr. 09 – Tampa, FL – Straz Center Morsani Hall
- Apr. 17 – Milwaukee, WI – Pabst Theater
- Apr. 18 – Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
- Apr. 19 – Minneapolis, MN – State Theatre Minneapolis
- Apr. 21 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater Kansas City
- Apr. 23 – Dallas, TX – Majestic Theatre Dallas
- Apr. 24 – Houston, TX – Cullen Performance Hall
- Apr. 25 – Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Live At The Moody Theater
- Apr. 27 – Phoenix, AZ – Orpheum Theatre – Phoenix
- May 01 – Sacramento, CA – Crest Theatre Sacramento
- May 02 – San Francisco, CA – Warfield
- May 05 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
- May 06 – Seattle, WA – Paramount Theatre Seattle
- May 08 – Salt Lake City, UT – George S. And Dolores Dore Eccles Theater
- May 09 – Englewood, CO – Gothic Theatre